The rapid growth in devices, applications and broadband demand presents both opportunity and challenges to service providers. Today, operators must address a range of issues: from backhaul congestion and over-the-top usage habits, to more intricate and difficult traffic and routing, to say nothing about cost pressures, and the need to create new revenue-generating service offerings.
The GENBAND P Series portfolio of Traffic and Policy Management solutions leverages the industry’s most advanced deep packet inspection (DPI) technologies to help operators decrease network congestion, eliminate malware or non-compliant applications and lay the foundation to deliver a variety of ground-breaking communication applications to subscribers. It allows service providers to gain a fine-grained, up-to-the-moment understanding of complex, dynamic and high-volume broadband data networks. By giving service providers the ability to monitor data traffic, and then translate that information razor-sharp and acute business insights, GENBAND P Series™ portfolio enables its users to take the advantage of even more intelligent services, smarter network planning and profit-driven traffic management.
GGENBAND’s P Series portfolio™ is an adaptable and comprehensive ATCA-based solution with network and management platforms, which delivers accurate, advanced TPM capabilities to broadband and mobile service providers.
P Series™ Network Platforms
GENBAND P Series™ Network Platforms are network elements, which were designed for deployment at various points along the data path of the network. Each Network Platform offers a reliable and consistent feature of enrichment, enabled by various GENBAND software modules, for traffic views, filtering, traffic shaping and statistics.
The P Series™ includes Network Platform options to meet a broad range of capacity, deployment and business needs.
GENBAND's entry-level P Series solution for a real-time network intelligence and enforcement. The P1 is targeted for small IP data networks and provides TPM functionality for up to 100 Mbps, and includes pre-packaged software modules for traffic viewing, shaping, filtering and statistical analysis.
A mid-range member of the P Series, the P2 offers a conveniently packed 2RU rack-mounted solution and supports TPM requirement for up to 2Gbps network throughput.
extends GENBAND's mid-range Network Platform solutions in a 2RU rack-mounted appliance, while supporting configurations of up to eight (8) channels of Gigabit Ethernet (GE) and four (4) channels of 10Gigabit Ethernet. P10 provides a high-capacity solution for up to 10Gbps throughput and up to one million active subscribers.
Intended and designed specifically for Tier-1 fixed and mobile broadband network deployments, the P20 Network Platform is a 5RU chassis solution that uses the industry-standard ATCA delivering capacities, up to 20 Gbps throughput and up to 3 million active subscribers per system.
P80 is GENBAND's flagship multi-10GE member of the P Series platforms. P80 is a 12RU chassis solution utilizing the industry-standard of ATCA; it delivers up to 80 Gbps throughput and handles up to 5 million active subscribers per system.
P Series™ Management and Statistics Platforms:
GENBAND P Series™ Management Platforms provide the essential intelligent analysis, extensive statistics and control capabilities in order to triumph in today's data-oriented networks. These software-based solutions, leverage application, subscriber and location-based information that is accumulated by P Series Network Platforms. GENBAND Management Platforms serve to store and analyze that traffic-related information, then provide network operators with a wealth of information and statistics, including detailed reporting capability, which is formatted per user, by application or device, or based on location.
Network operators can put to use GENBAND’s P Series™ Management Platforms, and exploit its many advantages, so that to optimize their networks, create new revenue-generating services, and boost their overall subscriber satisfaction.
To meet the broadest range of capacity and feature requirements, GENBAND offers two P Series Management Platform options:
: PM2 delivers granular and accurate traffic statistics. PM2 is a reliable and fast-processing platform that scales to manage traffic from several P Series network platforms
: a high-performance and scalable statistic's server, which can support the entire network in a centralized node. Deployable for multiple P Series™ network platforms, the PM10 provides additional storage capacity to effectively and efficiently manage and store statistics and other operational data, which may be available from high-capacity network platforms such as the P80.
Network Platform Features:
Management Platform Features:
- ry-level through high-density, carrier-class capacity solutions State-of-the-art traffic identification and classification engine
- State-of-the-art traffic identification and classification engine
- Suitable for access/edge deployments in broadband networks as well as for enterprise and campus WAN connections and for high-capacity core deployments in fixed and mobile broadband networks
- Field-replaceable interfaces, hard drives and power supplies
- Common, feature-rich firmware makes P Series Network
- Platforms the ideal solution for in-line deployments
- Traffic shaping, filtering and congestion management
- Extensive statistical traffic and services information collection
- Scalable and reliable
- Cutting-edge signature-update service
- High availability and carrier-grade reliability
- Out-of-band deployment on the management
- Extensive statistics management combined with real-time viewing capabilities
- Granular and accurate traffic statistics
- Centralized aggregation of network-wide reporting data
- Supports multiple systems and compliments the full GENBAND TPM product family
- Provides comprehensive solution for fixed, mobile and converged broadband service providers
- Uses standard-based interfaces for seamless end-to-end integration with OSS and BSS systems
- Delivers advanced TPM solutions with unparalleled accuracy and granularity
- Empowers service providers with awareness and intelligence of network topology; users and applications traffic in real-time
- Enables reduction of network upgrade cost to delay CapEx and OpEx through applying policies dynamically for congestion management, traffic shaping, and increased security
- Equips service enables to create new services, reduce churn by increasing QoS/ QoE and driving higher profitability for broadband service providers
- Provides state-of–the-art signature update service to stay current with complex network flows, services and applications
Offers broad and flexible deployment options from entry-level systems to high capacity solutions delivering up to 80 Gbps processing capacity and handling up to 5 million subscribers per system. Complemented by GENBAND professional services with an established and successful experience across hundreds of fixed, mobile and converged networks.